YouTube

Friday 28 September 2018

Inspirational Story

Inspirational Story
“When I told my parents I wanted to become a pilot, my dad was unsure because the course in the US was 25 lacs -- but still, my mom fought for me & finally dad took out a loan and gave me his blessing.
After my training, I started applying for jobs here, but I couldn’t get any. So for 2 years, I sat at home, feeling like a burden. My relatives didn’t make it easier with their taunts. Some said my parents spent ‘too much on a girl’s education’, others said, ‘you should’ve made her a doctor’... after a point, I started believing it too.
This was a low phase, but I couldn’t bear to stay at home, so I applied for any position -- I tried 4 times for the airhostess post and failed. The Secret got me through this -- I kept visualising and on my 5th attempt, I got through!
I started earning & getting international flights, but I wasn’t content. My dream was to see myself in that pilot’s uniform -- I knew that being an air hostess wasn’t going to last. I had to clear 5 more exams to become a pilot, so I applied for the position of Ground Staff to give me time to study.
I had 12 hour shifts, plus 3 hour travel time. I wasn’t sure how I’d work for 15 hours and compete with those who were preparing all day. But I had to make it happen -- I’ve literally studied in trains, buses, washrooms & while eating every meal. All the while dealing with irritable people throwing their boarding cards at me for no reason!
It was now or never -- there were only two openings a year to fly a plane and I couldn’t miss out!
Finally, I gave my exams to become a Pilot. I remember waiting for the result -- I was 27, with just 600Rs in my bank with no idea how I’d pay the 20 lac fee to finish my training on the off chance that I cleared! My parents had given up too -- they’d started to look for boys and wanted to spend their savings on my wedding.
I don’t know what you’ll call this, maybe a miracle, maybe the law of attraction -- but I TOPPED India in that exam and got a FULL scholarship for my training!
Finally, after 7 long years I would wear that uniform. My first flight was to Baroda and I tripped over a bag when I saw people staring at me, proud to see a female pilot .

No comments:

Post a Comment

Strategic Alliances

  Strategic Alliances -  For any achievement gone need the right person on your team.  Sugriv was very keen on this. Very first Sugriva was ...