YouTube

Saturday 10 April 2021

Generosity pays

 Croesus, the king of Lydia, was defeated and captured by by Cyrus, the king of Persia. Cyrus was much loved by his subjects but Croesus was opposite of Cyrus. After observing his generosity the Croesus remarked "If you keep your wealth giving away like this you will be poor. But if you save your wealth you will be earth's richest person. If during my entire reign, I had kept all my riches to my self how much wealth did you think I accumulated by now? Asked Cyrus.

Croesus named a huge sum. 

"Alright", Said Cyrus. I will send word to my subject them that I need to raise money for some purpose and you will see the response." 

Cyrus, servants delivered his words to his subject. After some weeks the Cyrus took Croesus to the room where the all donation money was. 

To Croesus amazement, there were piles of gold coins silver coins and some gold that was much greater than the sum Croesus said before some weeks. 

Cyrus explained, If you will not care for your subjects they will also not care for you. I cared about my subjects I got this wealth but if you ask for some donation they will not give you a single rupee. How much wealth could I save in my life? 


  

No comments:

Post a Comment

Strategic Alliances

  Strategic Alliances -  For any achievement gone need the right person on your team.  Sugriv was very keen on this. Very first Sugriva was ...