YouTube

Friday 26 March 2021

Show of Honesty

  A wealthy zamindar was entertaining his friend, while a man in saffron clothes came. "Forgive me for interrupting, but I am leaving a pilgrimage. I felt that it was my duty before I go", said the man. "Thank you for staying with us, I will miss your comforting presence". Replied the zamindar, but, "you are a sanyasi and I cannot stop you. Please come again." The sanyasi left and the zamindar told his friend how he had found the holy man sitting under the tree, in his fields, and had invited him to stay in the out house. 

The sanyasi returned a little later. 

"Sir I found this straw from the roof of your hut stuck in my hair." Said the sanyasi. "We sanyasis doesn't belong to us hence I came to give you."

"You are a mountain of virtue most revered sir!" replied the zamindar , touched by sanyasis honesty. 

The friend said after the sanyasi has went, " I somehow find his behavior strange." Zamindar asked, "Tell me you have entrusted something valuable to him?"

"I buried 1 thousand gold coins in the floor of outhouse for safekeeping." Dacoits are active in this area." 

"Let us go and check the gold is buried in the floor." Said the friend. The zamindar dug down at the same place where his friend buried coins but there was no coins. 

"Never trust a man who make a show of his honesty, said the friend. 

The man send his men, and the sanyasi was beaten up and, the zamindar got the gold coins. 

 















No comments:

Post a Comment

Strategic Alliances

  Strategic Alliances -  For any achievement gone need the right person on your team.  Sugriv was very keen on this. Very first Sugriva was ...