YouTube

Monday 16 November 2020

Child's gift to Gandhiji

Soon after Gandhi's return from South Africa, a meeting of the Congress was held in Bombay. Kakasaheb kalelkar went there to help.

Vande kakasaheb found Gandhiji anxioly searching around his desk.

What's the matter what are you looking for kakasaheb asked.

I have lost my pencil Gandhiji answered  "it was only so big"

Kaka Saheb was upset to see Gandhiji wasting time and worrying about a little pencil. He took out his pencil and offered it to him.

"No no I want my own little pencil", Gandhiji instead like a stubborn child.

"Welp use it for the time being"I will find your pencil later, don't waste time looking for it now. Kakasaheb said. 

You don't understand, "That little pencil is very precious to me" 

" Natessan's little son give it to me in Madras. Give it with so much love and affection. I cannot bear to lose it.

Kakasaheb didn't argue anymore. He joined Gandhiji in the search.

At last day found a tiny piece, barely two inches long. But Gandhiji was delighted to get it back. To him it was no ordinary pencil. It was the token of child's love and to Gandhiji child's love was very precious.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Strategic Alliances

  Strategic Alliances -  For any achievement gone need the right person on your team.  Sugriv was very keen on this. Very first Sugriva was ...