YouTube

Thursday 17 September 2020

The trickster

THE jackal‘s wife wanted to eat fish. So he trotted off to the river. The river was in spate and he didn’t know to swim. As he sat at the bank wondering what to do, he saw two otters dragging an enormous fish to the bank. He could hear them arguing about who should get the bigger share. 

“My lucky day!” chuckled the jackel and going up to the otters, he asked them why they were fighting. 

“My friend and I caught this huge fish. But while bringing it ashore, | pulled it by its head! He only held its tail,” said one of the otter. “Since I put in more effort, isn’t it fair that I shouldtake alarger share of the fish?” 

“Since I put in more effort,  together think we should divide the fish equally,” replied the other otter. 

The jackel volunteered to settle their dispute. He cut off the head of the fish and gave it to the first otter. -“Since you held the fish by its head, this piece rightfully belongs to you!"

The jackel then cut off the tail and gave it to the otter who had held its tail. “This is rightfully yours!” he said. 

Then holding the fish body with both hands he said and this my friends is mine my fees for solving your problem and before the otters could protest the jackal, jackal ran away.


No comments:

Post a Comment

Strategic Alliances

  Strategic Alliances -  For any achievement gone need the right person on your team.  Sugriv was very keen on this. Very first Sugriva was ...