YouTube

Thursday 17 September 2020

The man and the ascetic

ONCE, an ascetic who was on a pilgrimage came to a village. The villagers used to tell him their worldly problems and aska queries about spirituality. The ascetic used to clear their doubts about spirituality. Once, during a discourse, the ascetic told the villagers, “O my dear people, remember, one cannot be totally happy by the enjoyment of the five senses. Hence, one should accept every situation in life, he satistied with whatever one has and concentrate his mind towards chanting God’s Name. He should serve God selflessly. True Bless lies only one God."
On hearing this, an elderly villager got up and said angry. It is very easy to give such advice. It is very easy to say that one should not go after the five senses. But practically, it is not possible. Look at my situation. My youngest son is 12 years old, but I have still not performed his thread ceremony. My other son is 18 years old, but he has not yet completed his education. My eldest daughter 18 to 20 years old, but I am still unable to find a suitable groom for her. My salary is not enough to take care of all these needs of my family. In such a situation how can you expect me not to worry?” 
After hearing the plight of the man, the ascetic smiled and said, “Are your problems solved by worrying? Instead of were tying, if we are satisfied with whatever we have and divert our mind towards the chanting of God’s name, we are sure to find a way to come out of all these worries. As God is very powerful, everything IS possible for Him." On hearing this, the man realised his mistake and bowed down 111 resPect before the ascetic. 


No comments:

Post a Comment

Strategic Alliances

  Strategic Alliances -  For any achievement gone need the right person on your team.  Sugriv was very keen on this. Very first Sugriva was ...